Another way to spice up your gift box! This project has turned out pretty good and I am jealous of my friend’s daughter lol! I plan on making my own treasure/keepsake box where I can store all of our wedding memorabilias.
Going to repost the materials from my last blog and I will add more items that I have used in this project.
- Box canvas to be altered from Winners Saskatoon CA$12.99
Gel Mediums and Paste
- LIQUITEX ® Ultra Matte Gel Medium $CA 19.99 (on sale for CA$13.99) from Michaels. From Scrapbook.com. I haven’t used the Finnabair 3D Matte gel myself because I still have my gel mediums. I only use the Liquitex mediums as glue for lightweight embellishments, but I have seen other mixed media artists use Finnabair Gel Mediums and they like it. To learn more about the diffrerent types of gel mediums used for mixed media art Keren Tamir’s YouTube channel is the one that I got to. Keren has lots of advices and videos for beginner mixed media.
Liquitex® Flexible Modeling Paste from Michaels US . Using this with a stencil to create more texture.
Liquitex® Gloss Heavy Gel Medium from Michaels US. I have used these to adhere the light embellishments in combination with the E6000 transparent industrial glue.
- FINNABAIR® ART EXTRAVAGANCE® STONE EFFECT PASTES CA$37.99 (on sale for CA$11.40) from Michael’s link here. From Scrapbook.com link here. Here is a more detailed YouTube review about the paste from Finnabair herself, Anna Dabrowska.
Artist’s Loft® White Gesso 16oz $9.99 at Michaels. My primer for the canvas
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics® Paint, 2 oz. color Ice Blue CA$3.29 from Michaels.
- Multi-Surface Premium Ultra Bright Metallic Paint By Craft Smart® color Aquamarine CA$ 2.99 from Michaels
Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint, 2 oz. color Ocean Breeze, Holiday Green, Violet and Brown $.70 at Michaels
Craft Smart® Metallic Paint, 2 fl oz color Blue $1.50 from Michaels
Ink pad and wax paste
- Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Distress Oxides Ink Pads – Vintage Photo CA$8.99 from Michaels and from Scrapbook.com. An investment and goes a very long way! It is perfect for creating borders on paper or any canvas really.
- FINNABAIR® ART ALCHEMY® ANTIQUE BRILLIANCE WAX, BRONZE AGE CA$8.99 (on sale for CA$2.70) from Michaels. From Scrapbook. com link here. Want to see the the swatches of the waxes on canvases by one of my favorite YouTube mixed media artist Tiffany Solorio.
- FINNABAIR® STAMPS AND STENCIL, POSTALE SET CA$19.99 (on sale for CA$6.00) from Michael’s link here. Here is a tutorial on how to use stamps with art journaling and scrapbooking and of course here is my own YouTube tutorial on a previous mixed media project using stamps. If you wanna see me in action lol!
FOLKART® SMALL PAINTING STENCIL, LOVELY FLORAL from Michaels
Arrows & Feathers Adhesive Flex Stencil By Craft Smart® from Michaels. Not my favorite, but it actually worked better with the stone effect paste.
- FINNABAIR® STAMPS AND STENCIL, POSTALE SET CA$19.99 (on sale for CA$6.00) from Michael’s link here.
- BoBunny – Clear Acrylic Stamps – Flutter $6.00 from Scrapbook.com
- ASHLAND™ PEACOCK FEATHER SWORD CA$5.00 from Michael’s link here
- BEAD LANDING™ ACRYLIC GEMS, LARGE AB ASSORTED CA$14.99 (on sale for CA$7.49) from Michaels. Not really my favorite but I will still continue using them.
- TIM HOLTZ® IDEA-OLOGY® FOUNDATIONS CA$ 12.99 from Michaels. From Scrapbook.com. I have been looking forward to using this in my project and it didn’t disappoint!
- LASER-CUT LEAVES ICONS BY RECOLLECTIONS™ CA$4.99 From Michaels and a similar ones from Bo Bunny at Scrapbook.com. Laser cut chipboards are one of a few favorites of mine. The greater the swirls, the better lol!
- BoBunny – Laser Cut Chipboard – Hearts $4.00 from Scrapbook.com
- 6″ SCRIPT CHIPBOARD LETTER BY RECOLLECTIONS™ CA$3.29 from Michaels. Now I just realized that the one that I bought was a letter T! LOL. Oh well it looked like a J to me haha!
- Prima – Iron Orchid Designs – Vintage Art Decor Mould – Baroque 6 S12.50 at Scrapbook.com
- Prima – Memory Hardware – Resin Frames – Blanc Fleur Oval Frame $7.00 at Scrapbook.com. This is an alternative to the resin frame that I have used.
- LASER-CUT SCROLL BORDERS BY ARTMINDS™ from Michaels
- Clear Scraps – Chipboard Embellishments – Ornate Flourish $3.00 at Scrapbook.com. Alternative to what I have used for my swirly laser cut embellishments.
- Flower embellishments honestly I have a huge stash of leftovers, freebies from other peoples wedding that they post in Facebook Market and at the dollar store.
- Graphic 45 – Staples Collection – Shabby Chic Metal Clock Keys $7.00 at Scrapbook.com. But if you are only looking for any type of vintage trinkets, the thrift store is the way to go.