Another up cycling project by using a thrifted vintage box and giving it a makeover. Embellishments are from the dollar store, and the flower are from the Pretty Pale collection by Prima Marketing.
This teal/turquoise, shabby chic and vintage project will be used as a card box containing our messages to one of my friends. She is getting married this summer and we wanted to leave our advices and best wishes to her in a surprise bridal shower.
In this video, you will be seeing the use of a cosmetic sponge instead of a brush to paint the whole canvas. It is a great way to avoid streakiness that brushes tend to leave when the paint dries.
from Dollarama (dollar store)
Check out this haul video that I made recently which includes some of the items in this project:
- blue vase fillers
- 3D swirly stickers
- Ocean Breeze Acrylic paint
- Turquoise Satin Acrylic Paint
- Aquamarine metallic paint
- Vanilla Acrylic Paint
- Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel Medium
- White gesso from Artist Loft
- Chalk Crackle Medium from ArtMinds
- Vintage photo Archival ink from rangers http://shrsl.com/1lcj3
- Prima – Pretty Pale Collection – Flower Embellishments – Caravans http://shrsl.com/1lcjb
- Heavy body gel http://shrsl.com/1lckm
- Silicone brick wall stamp
- Vintage laser cut wood design
- butterfly metal embellishments
- vintage chest
*Affiliate link from Scrapbook.com – should you purchase the product using my link, I might be receiving a small commission based on your purchase. My links will never affect the prices of the products. What I earn will be allocated to improving my content and buying better equipment for better video quality.