Hi everyone! It has been minute since my last steampunk inspired mixed media art. What inspired me to do this masculine and number themed project were the colors that I’ve used together. I know, that might seem kind of weird, right? I didn’t want to make another delicate project (again! no offense to the other projects related to flowers and stuff), instead I wanted to bring a little bit of masculinity into this mixed media art.
A lot of times the color pale blue or pastel blue can be related to intricate projects right? Exhibit A, https://www.pinterest.ca/clyniscreations/other-artists-inspirational-works/hues-of-grays-white-baby-blue-mixed-media-scrapboo/, were some of the stunning works that I saved in my pinterest board. It was time to make a project a little tougher, hence this project. Although, I would probably add more black or dark brown in the future.
- 12 x 12 in canvas
- Acrylic white gesso http://bit.ly/whtgssoMchls
- Acrylic paints:
- Metallic Ice blue from Decoart http://bit.ly/2Wb81YN
- Gel and Liquid Mediums
- Chalk Crackle Liquid Medium by ArtMinds http://bit.ly/crcklchlkMchls
- Ultra Matte Gel medium from Liquitex for some reason, Micheals.ca doesn’t have this online, so here is the amazon link https://amzn.to/2W2QWiW
- Black Vase Fillers from Ashland http://bit.ly/2MbuPmI
- For my left over tags, I have a blog https://clyniscreations.blog/2018/10/09/easy-diy-mixed-media-tags-or-fridge-magnets/ and a video tutorial
from the dollar store or Dollarama
- Cosmetic wedges
- number wooden embellishments
- Clear vase fillers
- Metal embellishments here is my video haul regarding the metal embellishments that I’ve bought from AliExpress
- number stencil http://bit.ly/2I0UkSq
from Scrapbook.com *
- Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Distress Archival Ink Pads – Mini Kit – Three
- The Crafter’s Workshop – Modeling Paste – Mini – Warm Metallic Assortment
- Adhesive: Gorilla transparent glue – I like using industrial strength glues because it holds different embellishments securely
*Affiliate link from Scrapbook.com - should you purchase the product using my link, I might be receiving a small commission based on your purchase. My links will never affect the prices of the products. What I earn will be allocated to improving my content and buying better equipment for better video quality.