Altering or upcycling wine bottles is one of the best ways that you can do as a project when you are looking a unique home decor. I know, mixed media can be a little intimidating, and that is what it felt like when I did my first project.
Like I have mentioned in this art process video, this is my second time of making am upcycled wine project. The challenging part about doing mixed media on surfaces of wine bottles is that embellishments do tend to slide when the adhesive is wet. So, it takes longer to do this project because the adhesive needs to dry further before layering more embellishments.
In this art process, I am also showing how to make embellishments using Prima IOD Moulds and hot glue sticks. I learned this from watching Prima’s live tutorials in their Facebook Page when Riika demonstrated the technique to their viewers.
- Demco Black Gesso 1000mL: http://bit.ly/2JaXeon
- Artist Loft White Gesso: http://bit.ly/whtgssoMchls
- Ice Blue DECOART® DAZZLING METALLICS® PAINT, 2 OZ.: http://bit.ly/2Wb81YN
- DIY Home Chalk Crackle Medium by ArtMinds®, 8oz.: http://bit.ly/crcklchlkMchls
- LARGE BLUE ACRYLIC GEMS BY BEAD LANDING: http://bit.ly/2LsT9P9
- Prima Marketing 814823 Baroque No.6 Iron Orchid Designs Vintage Art Decor Mold, Grey: https://amzn.to/2xgelQ2
A helpful video on how to use the moulds from Prima Marketing:
- Prima Marketing 814809 Baroque No.4 Iron Orchid Designs Vintage Art Decor Mold, Grey: https://amzn.to/2XAdSa9
from the thrift store
- Blue sand
- Christmas decor
- Triangular vintage design embellishment: http://bit.ly/2KC23cL
from the dollar store
- DecoArt White Acrylic Paint
- Blue acrylic gems
- Prima – Finnabair – Art Basics – Heavy Body Gel – 8.5 Ounces: http://shrsl.com/1lckm
*Affiliate link from Scrapbook.com - should you purchase the product using my link, I might be receiving a small commission based on your purchase. My links will never affect the prices of the products. What I earn will be allocated to improving my content and buying better equipment for better video quality.